Site Network: Home | Josh Actually | Josh Family | R S S



Dear Zoe,

This period of transition in between jobs has been very rewarding. Its the only time I get to leave the office at 5.30pm sharp, raced my way home so that I can walk with you to the nearby park.

That is if it does not rain. It has been raining almost everyday.

When it is not raining, you will force me to change into my Holland jersey - to match yours and we will take the nice walk to the park. Your little hands will grab mine and you will ask me to "pao pao" whenever a car comes near us. These walks are the best part of my day. I cherish them in my heart and have captured every possible moments of it in my memory. These are the best of times with you.

Usually we will stop in front of a few neighbor's houses and greet the dogs and puppies. You loves dogs. But are afraid of big dogs.

"Daddy, I dont want big doggy, I want little doggy", you demanded.
"Okay dear, we will have a little doggy in our new house next time."

And you would give me a big tight hug. My heart will melt and then well up with joy and pride.

Then a sadness it would dawn on me.

When I think of all the best things I want you to have, and compare them to where we are now - where we are staying (dusty land of Puchong) and the park we visit, which is very run down and debilitated, and I would begin to feel sad and incapable. Sorry I can't provide you with a bigger home in a nicer neighbourhood. (Or nicer neighbours!)

The big house in Bukit Jelutong with a park and playground at the backyard, came to my mind.

Daddy could not afford to get you a bigger house and a nicer neighborhood yet. But hopefully soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment